How to Lose Fat By Accident (Part 1)...



For almost ten years of my life, I was at the borderline between overweight and ideal. It started off with fat visibly accumulating little by little on my tummy area. The fat deposit grew month by month but I was neither trim nor large size. I was in between - in a no man's land but my belly was clearly bulging. At one point, one of my longtime friend, whom I had not met for some time then, commented: "Yes. You have attained it." But every time I went for a BMI calculation, the figure will always show as mildly overweight at 25-26. That is a consolation but the bulge was OBVIOUS. It was so clearly visible.

I must make it cleat that, I have nothing against bulges. What's wrong with it anyway? The only thing that worried me was - was that a sign of compromised health? Was it an omen of a health going down the drain in the future? If so, then I have to do something about it. I don't mind having bulges here and there as long as I can be assured that I am healthy. I started to experiment on how I can trim down the fat. I went vegetarian for a while. About 4-5 months. Not much difference. Then, I tried this routine: a day of 4-mile jog followed by a day of 2-mile jog, followed by a day of swim and then rest. I repeated the whole cycle again everytime. After a month, I lost half an inch on my waist. Not too bad. But I gained it back all too soon. I supplemented the whole thing with a fat burner with no significant difference. Still, for health's sake, I persisted with the routine for some time. Finally, I decided that nothing worked for me. So, I just watched what I eat and be content with my figure, reminding myself that it's health that I want.

One boring day, (good things always happen on a boring day, I guess) I was just walking around town and what I came across gave me an insight on losing those few extra pounds. It was one of those eureka moments when you are not expecting anything and answers just drop from the skies. It shows visible results. More on this in a later post. Stay tuned folks.

No comments: