How to Lose Fat By Accident (Final)...

Captain's Blog, Stardate 7964.9. We have left the Kavis Alpha sector en route to Starbase 133 for the inter-galactic conference at which, against my better judgement, I am to represent Starfleet. Nevertheless, I am determined to do my best, and represent the ideals of the Federation... hehehe... sorry .. I just HAVE to do that :-D.

Anyway, as promised in my last post, I will share my daily meals menu. As you know, disproving the weight-loss system, there are a lot of foods in the avoid and control list. Still there are quite a variety of others allowed in the menu. So here is my typical day's menu:

Breakfast
No breakfast. My job do not require much physical movements, so, without breakfast I can still function adequately. Besides, I'm always in a rush to arrive at work on time in the morning. ;-)

Lunch
Two pieces of toast with butter and a thick spread made from eggs, coconut milk and sugar called Kaya. For drink, I have tea with milk sweetened with artificial sugar alternative. As you can see, this is a BIG transgression of the weight-loss rules. As mentioned, I did not really stick to the rules to the letter. I wanted to see if it yields SOME results at all.

Dinner
Dinner is taken at 7 pm. The menu will consist mostly of a mix of the following ingredients either stir fried, steamed in microwave or boiled in a stock-based watery soup. The ingredients are: fish fillet (unbreaded), chicken breast or chicken fillet (both without skin), prawn or shrimp, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, tomato, baby carrots, baby spinach, garlic, onion, egg cooked with psyllium husk (get this from the organic store) and mushroom. Dip: sour cream dressing or dip make from yogurt. I also add a little bit of apple cider vinegar sometimes and use liberal amounts of crushed black pepper and other herbs. Olive oil is an integral part of the preparation. At times, I add some olives into the dish. Other times, I grate some cheese over the dish - very little.

After-Dinner Snack
A smaller portion of dinner.

Going by these menus, in about thee weeks, I was visibly slimmer. I did not realise this but people commented. A few weeks after that, I noticed that my pants we significantly loose at the waist. On the waist, I lost about 1.5 - 2 inches but the fat loss was on other parts of the body too. For one thing, people start noticing that I have a neck. My upper arm is now smaller in radius than around the elbow joint - it used to be bigger. You may have noticed that I did not even mention the bathroom scale - never used it. I am not into the habit of doing that. Even without it, the change is noticeable. The initial change was not noticed by me, but by others. Yep, the weight-loss system that I was trying to disprove worked. I expected it to work only slightly and bounced back to my original weight or not to work at all. But it definitely went BEYOND my expectation. Even with me breaking the rules here and there and not exercising - it worked noticeably. Why did I NOT exercise? If I did, I wouldn't know whether it was the exercise or the system. But now I know that if I had added in the exercise dimension, it might have worked better.

I must also mention that even before I embarked on the mission I took supplements and continued doing it while on the system. This is my supplement mix:
  • Vitamin-C (Non-acidic) - 500mg
  • D-Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E) - 400iu
  • Selenium - 200mcg
  • Lipoic Acid - 250mg
  • Gingko Biloba (Extract) - 30mg
  • Ubiquinone (a.k.a CoQ10) - 60mg
  • EPA/DHA (Marine derived Omega-3) - 720mg

If I were to say what I think would be the ONE SINGLE POINT that might have made this work it would be - be very, very unrelenting about ZERO carbs and ZERO sugar. Eat ANYTHING BUT carbs and sugar. You might have noticed that I still do consume them. I might add that this amount is significantly, significantly less than what I usually eat. This non-conformance is not exactly cheating. Unknowingly, I might be practising a variation of what some call the three-bite rule. Be also wary of hidden carbs. Once, my friend suggested chicken nuggets as this would still be compliant to my low carbs-sugar endeavour. But you see, chicken nuggets are batter and bread crumbs coated and the meat is mixed with some sort of flour to make the patty. So beware - hidden carbs are sneaky.

So that's it folks. Finally, the end of a five part rambling on Losing Fat By Accident. NO CARB, NO SUGAR! What's my next phase? Dunno. Maybe to disprove the theory that exercise can give a better result together with the system [SMIRK].

No comments: